Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Return of Lost

Im not gonna give a play by play of the 2 hour premiere, if you need one I suggest going here.

Also since I'm not very funny anyway, I would suggets clicking on the Julius Goat link on the right to read anything hilarious that Goat might whip up for an episode recap.

What I want to just layout here is various thoughts I had during the show. Please keep in mind I dont have photographic memory and yes I am sometimes lazy, so this allows me to offer a "100% accurate of your money back" disclaimer to all thoughts I have, lucky you! I also havent hit up Lostpedia yet, so if the same discussions are going on over there then great minds think alike.


1) The opening clock. The time was 8:14. Now I know for certain the 8 is one of those mysterious number, i believer the 14 and eventually 15 also are. Also the date (could have been the month?) was 12, whch again I think is another number.

2) Scanner image of the orchid (past). Why was the wheel on the other side of where they were digging in the tunnel? Clearly this was remedied as Ben turned the wheel in a chamber of some sort, also it was freezing where he turned it, was it a man made freeze to maintain the energy?

3) Is it me or does Sun have an evil eye about her? I think she may be losing her marbles.

4) Time-shift & coffins on the island: Im assuming that by bringing Locke back onto the island he magically come back to life, I think this is a foregone conclusion, only strengthened by Richard telling Locke he has to do die. You dont tell someone you made leader to die, if you dotn expect them to come back to life. Catch my drift? While we are at it, why didn't the others shift? Why did Ben get booted off the island instead of joining the 815-ites in time-jhumping bliss? I wonder if anyone associated with the show Sliders worked on this script?
Moving on, so does time-shifting also explain Jack's dad reanimating and randomly appearing? How about all those things we thought were "dreams" or "hallucinations" maybe they are all just time-shifting as well?

5) What happened to the chopper pilot?
Im sure this will be explained along the way but we see (i forget his name) agree to roll with the lie and drinking some Beck's, then so far he disappears.

Thats all i got for now, share any thoughts you might have!

No comments: